Bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) in the work-up of Interstitial Lung Diseases (ILD)
Everything you always wanted to know about the clinical value of BAL in ILD: UNFORTUNATELY, THE LINK TO THE ON LINE COURSE IS NOT AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW.
Everything you always wanted to know about the clinical value of BAL in ILD: there is an online course available now!
Do you want to expand your knowledge of the potential practical value and clinical utility of cellular bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid analysis in the routine management and care of patients with diffuse interstitial lung diseases (ILD)?
Do you want to acquire the skills needed for applying this knowledge into daily clinical practice and patient management as well?
This online course is specially designed for pulmonologists, microbiologists and pathologists.
Prof. Marjolein Drent MD, PhD, and dr. Kitty Linssen MD, PhD, will address various topics.
By means of following web lectures and case studies, reading papers, and completing test modules, you will learn:
· appropriate interpretation of cellular BALF analysis results
· the utility of cellular BALF analysis to establish or ruling out a certain diagnosis
· how to recognize more or less disease specific features and limitations
1. Introduction to broncho alveolar lavage (BAL)
2. BAL laboratory procedures
3. BAL fluid (BALF) cytology
4. Cells usually not present in BALF
5. Diagnostic value of BALF cellular profile and interpretation in ILD
6. Diagnostic value of BALF in infectious respiratory disorders
A certificate will be offered after you successful completed the course. This certificate you can use to apply for accreditation by a national scientific society of your own choice.
Workload: approximately 3 hours
Until February, 2018 the BAL Course module is free available on the website.