In this Guideline: How to organize a WASOG Conference you find all conditions to qualify for organizing a WASOG Conference on Sarcoidosis and Interstitial Lung Diseases.
How to organize a WASOG conference?
Before you can apply for organizing a WASOG congress you should read the instructions carefully.
- Provide the name of the chair of the organizing committee and her or his contact details including the email address.
- Provide location, country and proposed dates at least 18 months before the congress will take place.
- Prepare an announcement with pictures covering point 1 and 2 for the WASOG website.
- The organizer should be a paying member of WASOG for at least 3 years
- The organizer should have attended at least 1 of the last 2 (or 2 of the last 3?) WASOG congresses
- The organizer should cooperate with the local scientific respiratory society
- The organizer is responsible for gathering enough sponsorships
- WASOG itself has no financial responsibility for the conference and no means to support the conference financially
- The WASOG executive committee will decide which candidate is allowed to organize the congress.
- The congress should contain a high quality scientific program: a concept program with topics should be provided by the application. Individual speakers need not be indicated, but will be determined by the Congress Scientific Committee
- After each presentation there needs to be room for at least 5 minutes discussion
- Appropriate English speaking chair persons should be provided for each session
- A poster session with discussion should be included in the program without overlap with any other session
- Best posters will be selected, and room should be included in the program that the 2 best posters and oral presentation will be awarded with a certificate and a gift offered on behalf of WASOG. These best poster and oral presentation will be selected by an independent WASOG committee and not by the organizing committee
- Abstracts can be published in the WASOG journal
- The development of the scientific program should be ready at least 1 ½ year before the meeting
- The speakers should be invited at least 1 year and 3 months ahead of the meeting
- The progress of the organization and about how things are moving along should be reported to the WASOG president and Executive Committee on a regular basis, at least every six months. This would include information regarding the final program is ready and as soon as the speakers are invited
- A meeting for patients (sort of meet the professor or expert for patients) is really appreciated and could be scheduled the day before the scientific program starts
- A social event for all congress participants (with or without a payment of a fee for this event) is strongly recommended.
- There should be a reduced fee for WASOG members, as well as students and non-physicians.
Please send your application after you checked whether all points are covered to the president of WASOG. Please mail the requested appropriate information to: firstname.lastname@example.org