Important announcements regarding COVID 19
Announcements concerning WASOG/AASOG 2020
March 19, 2020
In light of the cancellation of the ATS meeting, we want to update you that we are continuing to monitor the evolving situation. It is our opinion that the trajectory of the pandemic and its effects on us and our patients is not yet sufficiently defined to cancel the WASOG/AASOG meeting at this time, which is slated to occur 5 weeks after the American Thoracic Society meeting.
In the next days and weeks, as the situation becomes more clear, we will formulate a decision about the meeting. At the present time, our intent is to proceed as planned but if it becomes clear that holding the meeting would jeopardize the health and safety of the speakers, attendees, and event staff, we will not hesitate to postpone it or cancel it.
March 16, 2020
Dear friends and colleagues,
We are monitoring and discussing the rapidly evolving COVID19 pandemic on a daily basis.
At this point, we have not made any decision to cancel or postpone WASOG/AASOG 2020.
As the trajectory of the pandemic becomes more defined, we will make an informed decision about the meeting, considering the interests of public health, the attendees, speakers, our patients, and the conference facility workers.
We are exploring all options for the meeting for contingency planning.
For now, please stay safe and healthy. We are all pulling for each other to get through these difficult times.
Dan Culver, on behalf of the WASOG and AASOG Executive Committees